This index includes contributions to books and other publications; all contributions are poems unless otherwise noted.
1. Meltzer, David and Donald Schenker. POEMS
San Francisco: Donald & Alice Schenker, 1957
Note: see also A1.
2. Meltzer, David. TWO POEMS FOR JOSEPH MATTHEW LOEWINSOHN…, and Fred Cogswell. APRIL
New Haven: Penny Poems, 1959
Meltzer contribution: “Two Poems for Joseph Matthew Loewinsohn…” [collected in Ragas]
Note: published as Penny Poems, No. 35.
3. BEATITUDE ANTHOLOGY, edited by Lawrence Ferlinghetti
San Francisco: City Lights, 1960
Meltzer contribution: “18th Raga/ Fall” [uncollected], “Prayerwheel/ 2 – for John Wieners” [uncollected], “After Hours” [uncollected]
Meltzer contribution: “Revelation” [collected in Ragas], “12th Raga / for John Wieners” [collected in Ragas], “15th Raga / for Bela Lugosi” [collected in Ragas], “Prayerwheel/ 2” [uncollected]
5. JUNGE AMERIKANISCHE LYRIK, edited by Gregory Corso and Walter Hollerer
Munich: Carl Hanser, 1961
Meltzer contribution: “15th Raga”, “Prayerwheel/ 2”
Note: text in English and German.
6. THE REAL BOHEMIA, edited by Francis J. Rigney and L. Douglas Smith
New York: Basic Books, 1961
Meltzer contribution: “23rd Raga/ for Tina” [collected in Ragas], “14th Raga/ for Donald Schenker” [collected in Ragas], “30th/ June: 59” [collected in Ragas]
7. Meltzer, David. FROM TWO POEMS TO DO MEDITATIONS ON, and Ron Padgett. PATRICIA
New Haven: Penny Poems, 1961
Meltzer contribution: “From Two Poems to do Meditations on” [uncollected]
Note: published as Penny Poem No. 143.
8. THE OUTSIDERS
Fort Lauderdale: Roman Books, 1962
Meltzer contribution: “Introduction” [prose]
Note: published as Roman Books Catalogue, No. 3
9. THE AUERHAHN PRESS CATALOG, edited by Dave Haselwood
San Francisco: Auerhahn Press, 1962
Meltzer contribution: “Self-Portrait” [collected in The Process]
Note: used to advertise the forthcoming title We All Have Something to Say…
10. SANTA MAYA: A SEASONAL GREETING, edited by Clifford Burke
Mill Valley: Maya, December 1968
Meltzer contribution: “The Beginning of Machinery, The Start of Language”
11. MAYA 1969, edited by Clifford Burke
San Francisco: Cranium Press, April 1969
Meltzer contribution: “A Poem for My Wife”
Note: printed on the occasion of the Santa Barbara Poetry Festival; includes work by Gary Snyder, David Meltzer, Jack Shoemaker.
12. NEW YEAR, FIRST YEAR, NEW DECADE
San Francisco: Maya, 1970
Meltzer contribution: “Dusk, my friends. Bach…”
Note: printed as a new year greeting; includes work by David Meltzer, Jack Shoemaker, Clifford Burke.
WALLACE BERMAN RETROSPECTIVE
Los Angeles: Fellows of Contemporary Art, 1978